Questions And Answers
How Do I Know If I Need Help?
Generally, if you have to ask that question, then you probably need help. But just in case, there are quite a few ways to determine if you need treatment for a substance abuse disorder so let’s take a look.
This is the case if:
– You take a lot of the substance or use it longer than it is meant to be used.
– You’ve tried to quit but have not been able to.
– You spend too much time using a drug or trying to obtain it.
– You have constant cravings to use the drug.
– You can’t fill your normal house and home responsibilities.
– You use drugs instead of going to important social activities.
– You have a tolerance to the drugs from using them so much.
– You have withdrawal symptoms when you don’t use.
– You use drugs in situations you shouldn’t like driving a vehicle.
What Happens At Rehab?
It can be scary heading to treatment and not knowing what might happen. So here’s a quick little layout of what most treatment looks like.
– Intake evaluation – when you arrive your mental and physical health are evaluated. This can help find out what kind of treatment you need.
– Detoxification – you might need detoxification or medication management to help you quit abusing the substance.
– Medication – some medications can help with substance abuse or manage cravings.
– Therapy and Counseling- This can help you find strategies to face real life instead of using drugs or alcohol to cope.
– Family Involvement – If you have a family it can be an important part of treatment to involve them in your recovery. A support system is supposed to be really helpful in producing a positive outcome.